Making Every Day Better for Your Loved One…And For You, Too!
Peggy’s Place, our Adult Life Center program, is for seniors or those with disabilities who need a place to spend the day while their caregivers work. Named after a beloved caregiver, Peggy’s Place exists to enrich your loved one’s life and support dedicated caregivers like you. Daily group and individual activities are designed to engage each person, stimulate the senses, promote brain ability — and to make every day something to look forward to.
Peggy’s Place offers:
- Cognitive and physical stimulation.
- Hands-on medical care by professional medical staff with a physician’s order including administration of treatments or medications.
- Medical / Social model to prolong independence & improve daily functioning.
- Skilled assessments / monitoring of chronic disease conditions.
- Assistance arranging transportation to / from center.
- Breakfast, hot lunch and nutritious snacks.
- Care / Case Management if needed.
Group and Individual Activities:
- Exercise: stretching/gentle exercise to promote healthy joint function.
- Pet Therapy: to stimulate the senses and bring calmness.
- Intergenerational Therapy: to provide socialization and interaction.
- Community Outings: to decrease isolation.
- Music / Art Therapy: to engage sensory perception and exercise brain abilities.
- Outdoor Area / Gardening: to provide a different setting.
- Creative Writing and Book Club: to share memories and ideas.
Peggy’s Place is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We welcome care recipients with dementia or physical limitations. Call us today at 812.590.2857 to find out if Peggy’s Place is the right place for you and your loved one.
Volunteer at Peggy's Place
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Peggy’s Place. The time you spend here will make an enormous difference in the daily lives of the people in our care.
Please take a moment to click on the “Volunteer Form” button below and complete some basic information so that we can help you get started.
View Our Blog
Be sure to check out and subscribe to our blog for all the latest news, tips and updates.
Go to Blog